Rarebit with Beer Mustard: Serves 4
- Melt 30g butter in a pan. Stir in 30g plain flour and cook for 2 mins
- Add some of 280ml warmed milk to the butter and flour mixture and whisk in well. Gradually add the remaining milk. Bring up to the boil, whisking continuously
- Whisk in 3 egg yolks and bring back to the boil before adding 80g Beer Mustard, 2 dessertspoons Worcester sauce and 3 tablespoons ale
- Then whisk in 120g grated Cheddar cheese until smooth
- Toast 4 slices of thick cut bread on both sides. Spread the rarebit evenly over the surface and place back under the grill until golden brown on top
- Serve with pint of ale.